Caring for Your Fly Rod
To ensure the best for your Fly Rod and the lifetime use of it, a few guidelines to rod care will keep your rod in excellent condition for years
- Multi-piece rods should be assembled tip pieces first
- Ferrules should be put together loosely first
- After lining up the guides, push the pieces together snugly
- Initially check the fit often as you fish. The rod should never loosen as you use it (Casting with a loose tip may crack the female ferrule opening) and you should always be able to get it apart without too much strain. You will get a feel for what is correct over time.
- Spigot ferrules should have a gap of 1/8th to 1/4 inch between rod sections. This prevents the rod sections from rubbing against each other and allows for future wear.
- Take your Fly Rod apart by holding the sections close to the ferrule, not over a guide. Pull and twist the bottom section while holding firm the top section.
- Store and transport your Fly Rod in the provided rod bag and tube. Make sure the rod and bag are completely dry before placing them back in the tube.
Steffen Brothers maintains the highest standards for our Fly Rods.Â Every rod is guaranteed to the original owner against defects in manufacture. Accidental breakage will be repaired for a reasonable charge.Â In most cases this is $40.00 plus shipping. Please contact us if you have any questions about rod repair.